Thursday, August 25, 2011

Classroom Art Gallery

I am a big supporter in displaying student work in a 'formal' setting. I have used an art gallery set up in three different classrooms now. Each year the set up looks a little different but it always gets a great response from students and parents (and fellow teachers).

To construct the art gallery you will need (per student) one 8.5" x 11" plastic sleeve, one piece of black paper with a small photo and student's name. I like to take photos of the students on the playground or 'in action' in the classroom, just be sure to have a clear image of each face.

Tip: This is a great set up for a monthly project. I have used this to display monthly portraits a few times. At the end of the month we have stored the portraits in a file and have assembled a book or calendar to send home at the end of the year. Parents have always been thrilled to see the end result and compare the work.

This is the art gallery from my 3-year-old Reggio inspired preschool class. I'm posting this idea now because I know there are many teachers searching for something different while setting up classrooms. Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment