Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jumping on board for a new school year!

Hey everyone! Kindergarteners arrive tomorrow morning which means I have been spending the last few days adding the finishing touches on the room I am teaching in this fall (as a maternity leave sub). This bulletin board is one of two that were passed on to me. Positioned at an angle high above the cubbies, this was nothing short of a challenge to assemble, so of course I tried to be as creative as possible to push the challenge level just a bit higher!

The original idea came from a photo I saw online. I designed a t-shirt template and copied it on colored paper. The t-shirts are laminated with names written in Sharpie (to be removed with an alcohol wipe and re-used in the future). I was able to find mini (1") wooden clothes pins at AC Moore to add a little finishing touch- this is my favorite part!

Other slogans you can use are, "off to a tee-rific start" or something about having a "tee-riffic year." I am using this board for a Kindergarten classroom so I am always careful about being creative with spelling words in funny ways.

Happy Boarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment