Friday, October 14, 2011

Great Halloween Read Aloud/ Audio Book

With Halloween quickly approaching I found myself searching my book collection for one of my favorites, Big Pumpkin. Not only is this an adorable book to use for a read aloud but it also works really well for a dramatic re-tell. The best feature of Big Pumpkin was brought to my attention a few years ago by a parent in my class. After finding a radio that still had a working cassette tape player, I discovered that the audio recording was fantastic! The voices are perfectly matched for the characters and the background music adds just enough drama without being a distraction. My suggestion for your pre-Halloween activities is to dress up in your best witch's hat and give Big Pumpkin a listen!

Big Pumpkin audio (via YouTube): http://youtu.be/bHkuZKAW7bs

No comments:

Post a Comment