Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions, Kinder-style!

Happy New Year!  Today my Kinders worked on the first part of a project to create New Year's resolutions.  I really wanted to do this as my January home project but I was concerned about there being too many variables to this project for homework.  I am still pretty set on wanting the writing of each resolution to be a home project so I took the process apart. 

First, I read Squirrel's New Year's Resolution.  Squirrel has a hard time making a New Year's resolution but helps her friends throughout the day.  The focus of the book was that a New Year's Resolution is something that makes you a better person or helps you help other people.

I found an idea on http://littlemissglamourgoestokindergarten.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/new-years-resolutions.html to have each student break down what they can do, almost can do and want to do before creating a resolution.  I felt that my Kinders needed a little more space to work with.  I also added an area for an illustration and removed the resolution writing piece.  With these elements in mind I created this paper (for the best effect you'll need to print on 8.5" x 14" paper.) https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By1GkRIpToipT1AyTHBQajI4dmM

Once I create the form for the New Year's Resolution writing I'll upload those as well. 

Here's to a new year full of special moments with special little people!




No comments:

Post a Comment