Saturday, February 18, 2012

WatchKnowLearn Review

Wow, it's been a while! I have been inspired by the influx of Pinterest re-pin notifications flowing into my inbox on a daily basis and went searching for some new resources myself.

I like to include technology as lesson extensions rather than as an area of the classroom to plop a student in front of a computer for a bit. While I agree that computers have a place in elementary school classrooms, I consider 'integrating technology' to be more than a center activity. One of my preferred lesson extensions are videos of 'animated' books (as opposed to video versions of books) and really, quick videos in general. I work primarily with younger
learners and need developmentally appropriate videos often to assist in making abstract ideas concrete while working with short attention spans.

It is often a challenge to locate high quality materials to complement my lessons. Imagine my excitement the other day when I happened upon this fantastic collection of such quick videos ready to go on a number of lesson topics and picture books! I have bookmarked this site and highly recommend you do the same. Teachers and parents can find something on here.

The much anticipated link. (http://watchknowlearn.org) Use the menu on the left to find videos by subject. You will need to click on the + bubble (not the subject name) to load the drop down within the topic.

Happy exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment